Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Saying Hello

Good Morning, my old friends.  Just coming by for a bit to say "HELLO!!"  It's been a while and lots has happened since I last posted.

First of all, I was under the weather due to a cyst growing in my spine.  I had a sycnobial cyst growing on the facet bone.  I've been in excruciating pain for about 2 months.  I knew I had to get an MRI to figure out what was wrong.  Well, as they say, the Lord provides, and I received a check from the corporation that owns two of our local hospitals and specialty labs; they over-charged me for a procedure I had a year and a half ago.  I was then able to get my MRI and the results were nothing like I expected.  Ok, long story now too long, I went for a spinal procedure Friday to aspirate the cyst and I was given a couple of steroid injections on the 4th and 5th lumbar.  I'm still not anywhere near 100%, but I'm getting there.

I went out for the first time to a store in 3 weeks yesterday, and had to maneuver the "grannie" cart around Target (discovered I was a bad-ass).  Thankfully, my son, Ian is here for the next 4 weeks, so he helped out.  I'm also trying to get back into the kitchen.  Now that we have refrigerated air, I'm able to use the oven, especially now that Hell has returned....106 today and will be in the 3 digit range all week....oey!!  I made Fideo, or Mexican noodle soup last night, which was the first meal I've made in a long time.  It wasn't easy, but I finished with the help of  sweet man and my son.  I'm also going to visit my mother in the nursing home...it's been 3 weeks since I've seen her.

I announced a couple of months ago on Facebook, so some of you already know, but the director of the El Paso Museum of Art saw my work and loved it for the shop.  Due to my inability to get there (would have to park then walk there and right now, impossible).   Last week I suggest she maybe could come here to my home and pick it up if she was so inclined if both time time and geography made it possible.  So she is coming by sometime today to pick these little darlins'.  Sorry for the quality of the photos, but I took them last week  before the procedure, however, I doubt I could do much better now!!  LOL







She had asked for some of my box dolls, which are sculpted and boxes painted, but I was unable to complete them since sitting in the studio became impossible.  But I'm looking forward to completing them and working on new things.  There are a few art fairs that have popped up around here and I have friends who have been very successful at these shows and have advised me to work them, since my crazy stuff would fit in well.

So the only plans I have thus far, are to continue healing and getting back into the studio.  Besides I have some new tunes to listen to while working!  Also, hoping to see my grandchildren in July.  I already bought my Zoe Girl a new princess outfit for her wardrobe.  The girl is into "Princess" and "Hello Kitty" so I try to keep her well supplied.  My grandsons, I'm sure, would be happy with cash, except for my Sammy...got to get him something too!

Have a great day, dear friends.  Wish some of you were on Facebook so we can stay in touch, but I'll try to come by every so often to visit you all.  Peace out.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Hey there Georgina, glad to see you were able to do a post. Nice to read you. Sorry about all the pain you are going through. Hopefully the shots will ease the pain. It's good that you have you sweet man and son to help you out. I also hope your mom is doing okay. Your work is awesome and congrats on the coming exhibit. I'm not on FB and don't anticipate joining there, it's just to noisy for me. Too may people. I was on it a few years back but discontinued. Glad you are in the healing process and your fideo sounds great. I'm making chicken flautas today, maybe with some beans and rice. Take care and get well Georgina. ::hugs::