Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Been Busy



As you can see, I've been a very busy lady. I posted my funny Bago-Lady on Etsy today and already I have a buyer. My olive can "Happy Guy" is going to a PIF recipient from last Sept. or October. I feel so awful about taking so long in getting it her, with everything that went on in Nov. and Dec., it was almost impossible to do anything for the exchange. So off he he goes to a very patient lady in MD. My Lady Val is up for sale, though. She was a mess to make. I'm still finding those little red threads everywhere!! But don't you think she's a hoot?

Yesterday, I catered a small gathering of my mother's friends at her house. A very dear friend from Dallas came in for the weekend to spend time with her, so my mom honoured her by having a small gathering of old friends she could visit with while in town. I made baked rigatoni and for dessert, Oatmeal Bars...soo easy to make. My mom made a huge salad and the always welcomed buttered bread to scoop up all that deliciousness!! My brother's girlfriend made her wonderful, moist brownies to add to the dessert tray. There was also wine...lots of it!!! LOL

My mother's friend leaves today so I know my mother will have withdrawl symptoms after her departure. I figured my mother's activities for the last few days will eventually lull her into taking many naps the next few days!

Well, I have to get going here. Still have a plugged up kitchen sink and now the dishwasher is on the blink. When it rains, it pours! Oh well, that's life so one must roll with it or you'll die from worrying. Peace out!

No comments: