Thursday, July 16, 2009

Salome



Yesterday as I was attempting to cool off from being out in this triple digit weather earlier in the day, I was sitting on the couch with the air conditioner running full blast, my ceiling fan doing the same and my floor fan also at high speed, holding and using my spray bottle full of ice water, I was surfing the cable channel, we're po folk...can't afford the fi-ancy stuff, I came across the Turner Channel, you know the one with all the really cool old movies. I was caught by the beauty of Rita Hayworth, the uber pin up girl of the 40's. It was the story of "Salome: the Dance of the Seven Veils," and I just sat back and enjoyed. Ok, it was a little corney, but still was fun to watch.

Hayworth, Salmome and Stewart Granger, Commander Claudius, became disciples of John the Baptist played by Alan Badel. So for those who know some of these stories either thru Sunday school or in my case, Catholic school, ya kind of know what happened to poor old John. I'm actually digressing, what I observed through this movie is that the actors don't friggin' blink!!!! How in the world could they have these long soliloquy's without ne'er a blink!!!!!????? My eyes began to burn and water up just watching this film. There's a scene where Claudius is talking about Jesus inside John's jail cell with Salome present. Granger goes through this long drivel and Badel, that would be John, is looking up at the ceiling, I took it as the heavens, as Granger spoke. The guy never blinked!!! I'm sitting there yelling out, "Blink you bastard, blink....I'm hurtin' here!!!" After the rather long speech, John turns away, rubbing his face, huh hah...we know why... betcha his eyes were burnin' too!!! So then Hayworth goes into her speech...there goes John again, gazing at the bright studio lights in the heavens. Now neither of them blink....aaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Well, that's my observation for today or rather yesterday, but I couldn't write anything because my eyes were in cinema hell!!! Peace out.

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Is that like computer hell? Mine went out to th shop today; like I need another bill to pay. Worm and malware.......ACK!!!!
At least your cinema hell sounds a lot better.....

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

oh my heck you're great. All I need is my Georgina fix and I am good to go. I'm gonna practice the no blink at the last day of swim lessons for this session. Talk about humid. Indoor pool, no doors open because all of the kids (or most anyway) are little skinny creatures like my GK and get too cold, while I am losing weight from visiting the sauna everyday. Hey, wait a minute....yeah I'm gonna sign her up for more lessons. Bye cutie pie, xo Linda

We Blog Artists said...

Thanks for the kind words...this mural is a commission...if you go back in my posts a couple of months you'll see my girls rooms...
That's too funny about the ....Blink!
Char

WingingIt said...

thank you for your comment on 'just eat ice cream'...yep...totally relate darling!!!