So why don't I make them myself, good question!!?? It's just a bit time intensive, especially the chile rellenos...ok, I'm lazy!! Now let's move on!! I suppose I'm being stubborn. I'm always going on about how she goes on about her "mijos!" Oey vey, I think I threw up a little in my mouth!! When I approach her about why she doesn't think of saving a few rellenos for me, her comeback is that I'm too fat! Chubbiness aside, that's not a really good excuse. The thing is, I don't walk on friggin' water! I've spoken with other Latina daughters, and they just roll their eyes and say they have the same problem with their mothers.
I'm not that kind of mom...I believe in equal opportunity. My three kids were brought up the same way, sink or swim, my leetle feeshies!! LOL My sons have never gotten more attention than my daughter....ok, well, my daughter has gifted me with 4 adorable grandsons, but as a child, she and her little brother received a special kind of attention. When it came to discipline, all I had to do was give my oldest son, Joel, the good ol' "evil eye" look and it disseminated him. On the other hand, I had to hide the bruises with Andria and Ian!! Now as a grandmother, I can only smile when my daughter calls telling me the latest "trafulcas" (I love that word...means "trouble") my little angels have gotten into...hehehehehehehehe...revenge is best served with a glass of whine and a full plate of whimper from your fruit of your loom!!
This past summer was one of the worst seasons I've had since my ex was caught sneaking out of his girlfriend's house late at night in the summer of '96!! LOL For those of you who recall, I was coming off Lexepro and wow, that's some bad ass stuff!! During that time, when I was in between being down and out and praising the Porcelain Goddess, I was buying groceries. I love bananas, however, this past summer, I never really quite finished the batches I would buy for the week and since this was one of the hottest summers outside and in my house, the bananas would ripen quickly. I decided to mash them up and store them in the freezer for later use, like the holidays. So now I have mucho bags of "nanners" in my freezer and have no really great banana-nut bread recipe!
So who's up for a contest???? Will, I am!! These are the rules:
- Email me your favorite Banana-Nut Bread recipe (if you want to throw in a Cranberry-Orange Nut bread recipe, that's good too, but not necessary to win)
- Send the recipe as an attachment or a link from someone else's recipe. I know, that's not very ethical, but I promise, I won't tell!!
- Please mention you have sent me an email on this blog and let me know what your bloggy name is in the email so I'll know who you are if your email name doesn't match up to your bloggy name, kind of like mine.
- All entries must be in no later than midnight, M.S.T., November 30th (have always wanted to do that) and the winner will be picked Dec. 1st or 2nd, depending on when I remember to add a Post-It to my calendar to remind me!
- Send recipes to: email@example.com
- The recipe will not be published without the winners' s permission.
- The loaves of the winning recipe will be posted on this blog as soon as the baker get's her arse in gear and makes them.
Thanks for playing and please, don't send me any copyright stuff, can't afford any attorneys right now!! Have a wonderful week and if I don't get around to posting a "Happy Thanksgiving" sa-lute, consider it said now!! Peace out.