Sunday, October 2, 2016

Just Coming By

Oh my God it's been forever since I've been here.  I keep up with many of you on Facebook, but I realized that I have lost some of you too...some of my favourite peeps!!  Gloria, are you still with us??  Sorry about not coming by more often, it's just I don't get on here all that much anymore, my desk top that is.  I really don't like to do much via my Android...less is more.

I haven't been up to much this past year, oh anything spectacular I can readily recall anyway.  I have been doing some work here and there.  The Dia De Los Muertos is become a little bit too cliche for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but it seems EVERYONE is doing it now.  I'm especially upset the Chinese have gotten into the act...hey, I don't make dragons, stay away from my Muertos!!  Sorry, temporary rant.  I'll post some of the stuff I have made this past year, though.  I began making a series of Loteria paintings, then I decided to come up with my own version, so I'm posting a few of those examples.

As for anything else, well, my grandchildren are growing up.  My Sean is now 16, Ryan, 14, Zach, 12 Sammy 7 and the princess Zoe, will be 5 in January.  I haven't had much of a chance to see them this year.  I did go for a short visit in August after my daughter had surgery...went to help.  The plane ride to Austin from here was a nightmare, no unpleasant weather involved, just unpleasant airline!!  I'm thinking about seeing a dear friend who lives in New York, close to NYC, but after that trip to Austin, Oh Lord, I'm having 2nd thoughts!! I'm almost tempted to drive from El Paso, to Pookepsie!!

My mom's been gone for over a year now and the whole "moving" experience was at times, harrowing.  My sis and I went through her things, much of the time I was quietly crying.  I've been back in El Paso since 1979, so there were many memories attached to lots of her stuff...I was with her for many of those purchases.  Years ago, when I married the first time, she advised me to pick a Japanese bone china set since they were less expensive than English bone china at the time, so I did and I love my bone china set too.  However, she assured me her set of Wedgewood was mine when she no longer needed it (don't remember ever eating from her china set, ever!), so I did take her entire set, packed up and decided to give half of my bone china to my daughter, keep the rest for my use and then gave my daughter and niece 2 complete place settings of my mom's china plus, the little demitasse set of her china to my niece.  I don't know if I'll ever use my mother's china's but right now, it's something I treasure.

Well, folks, I'm calling it a day.  Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and let me know how you're doing.  Miss many of you not on Facebook, which has become my only source now of keeping in touch.  I will make a a note here on my desk to visit blogger and check in.  Peace out.














No comments: