Sunday, March 22, 2009

Well, here I am with my babies, my youngest son, Ian and my 3 wonderful grandsons. The grands were here visiting their father for Spring Break and I had an opportunity to spend a few hours with them. This pic was taken at my mother's house in the backyard. We had to visit the "Baba." They miss their Pop-Pop a lot and mentioned it after we left my mother's that it was strange without him there.

I took them to an exhibition at a downtown museum, The Lynx, which had this wonderful interactive robot show. The kids got to play with all kinds of great projects and they had replicas of 2 of my favorite robots, Klatu from "The Day the Earth Stood Still," and Robbie the Robot from many motion pictures but more famous for him yelling "Danger, danger, Will Robinson!" My youngest little man loved Klatu, so I think I'm going to make him a Klatu puppet!

It was sad to say goodbye to them, but I know they were looking forward to returning home to Austin to their mommy, my baby girl, and their soon to be step dad. They'll be back in the summer so I'll have them a little longer then. Their father has always been very nice about my seeing them and spending time with them.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for my other little man, Aiden. He turned 1 year last week, but his fraternal grandparents came in for the weekend so we waited. He was so exhausted later on, I gave him a warm bath, a baby lotion massage and held him while he drifted off to sleep. The most wonderful feeling is holding a sleeping baby....great for the high blood pressure!!

I'm going to be very busy this next week. Am taking my mother on a road trip to Phoenix, AZ. My sister and niece live there and we're going for a visit. We're planning on stopping in Tucson to have lunch with one of my mother's dear friends, picking up some tamales de elotes (tamales made with white corn...a specialty in that part of AZ from that northern area of Mexico where my maternal family is from) then head up to Phoenix. We'll be staying at my sister's new house, then leave early, the 31st, and head back down to Tucson to have breakfast with another friend of my mom's and pick up the rest of the tamales.

Am working on some new things, my little paintings. I'm just about done with 3 of them and two more on the way. Hopefully, I can finish everything by Tuesday so I can post them Wed. Well, I hear my blue eyed little man in the living room....guess he came back to return the blanket I had him in last night before they left. Peace out.

4 comments:

twinkle teaches said...

So glad you had family time. Your grandkids are cuties and the robot exhibit sounds like fun. :)
tina

Andria said...

The boys loved seeing their "Meema" and although they loved the Robot exhibit, Zach was more enthused to tell me about that stupid "Deer Hunter" clip you showed them on You Tube--they mainly look forward to heading that direction to see you, their father is hardly around--and according to Zach, always "spanks him with a belt", not to say the kid doesn't deserve it most of the time, but, time out is generally suffice enough.

Not sure if they will be heading down for summer, but, I already told you if they don't head that direction, we'll figure out a way to fly you out this direction. I'll be about 1000 months pregnant and the size of a large Orca...keep me away from Sea World or they'll try making me do tricks. Everything right now is up in the air...of course I'll keep you posted!

Flora said...

What a sweet picture of your handsome "Penis Posse"!! Sounds like you are very close to all your family Georgina, I'm sure you keep them in stitches!!Hey we might be neighbors, my husband was looking at land near San Antonio!!!.hehehe!!
blessings,
Flora

Georgina said...

Thanks for everyone's comments. I showed the boys this flick on YouTube which is one of my most favorite snippets from the Man Show... geez, it's so funny. Twinkle, the show was fun, I even got into the act. Flor, yes, I'm very close to my family and yes, I do keep them entertained as does my daughter...she's a hoot!