Saturday, March 7, 2009

Windy Spring

Made this Paella a couple of weeks ago for my brother's birthday. Turned out soo good and the New Zealand Green Mussels were outstanding. For dessert I made Flan and sadly, there were few leftovers which I gave, reluctantly, to my brother, after all, it was his birthday gift from me.

The Spring winds are blowing as usual. We do lots of real estate exchanges with New Mexico and Mexico, but that's Spring in the Southwest. I still prefer it to the snow and blast of cold winter weather that the rest of the country is experiencing. I suppose it's all what you're used to.

Completed a doll the other day, but I'm not happy with her. Don't you hate it when you've put so many hours into a piece and you end up throwing it away, or thinking you should. The idea was good, the execution, excellent, the finished piece, sucky!!! I put her up on the wall so she can start bothering me about fixing her...I hate when my dolls become bitchy!

Made this great charm bracelet for my sister's birthday. I bought a charm necklace from a friend who was going out of business. It's gorgeous...all religious charms and then some. She tried to talk me out of buying it since she felt I was quite capable of making one, but why make one when I can buy it for a great price. Anyway, she had some necklace kits already, so I bought a couple and when my sis saw my necklace, she asked me if I could make her a bracelet. I intended to make it for Christmas, but for those of you who have read my older blogs, you know that wasn't going to happen. I'll be taking it to her in a couple of weeks when my mother and I leave for Phoenix to visit her.

Speaking of that. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this since my mother is always complaining about my driving. I like petal to the metal!!! I already told her if she starts complaining about my driving, I'm going to drop her off at the next rest stop and leave her there. Of course I'm not going to do that, but she drives me nuts!!! Love my Mom, but oey vey!!!!

Well, need to run. The hubby, son and I are going to look at Smokers, no, not people who stand around the sides of buildings taking their tobacco breaks, but meat smokers. Been wanting one for years, so now we have the time!!! Peace out.

No comments: